torsdag 22 oktober 2009

What am I doing here?

Yes, sometimes I wonder myself :) In August I applied for this internship within the organization CIMO. They accepted me even if I told them I that I don't know any Russian. To get a VISA to Russia you need an invitation from the host organization and it took about one month for it to arrive. So during that time I started a course in Russian at the university in Gothenburg. I will be here in Ekaterinburg for almost three months. The name of the city is in Russian Ekatrinburg, in Swedish Jekatrinburg and in English Yekaterinburg. It's situated close to the Ural mountains and it's in the Asian part of Russia. The map that I have on the blog isn't the best, but there it's written Yekatrinburg and it's quite close to the border of Kazakhstan.

I'm working in a univeristy in the office for international relation and my tasks are for example to promote opportunities of international education among the students, development cooperation with Finnish universities, promote Finnish/Swedish language and Finnish/Swedish culture and I will also give a course in cross-cultural communication. I should also participate in the daily work in the office, but that's a little bit difficult with my level of Russian.

So that's in short what brought me here and what I'm doing.

3 kommentarer:

Mallo sa...

Ah, very interesting!

Anonym sa...

Nå nuu e ja me! Va spännande, verkligen ett äventyr! Du e modi du! Roligt att läsa om vad som händer dig i en sådan annorlunda kultur som den ryska. Du kommer att ha så många erfarenheter med dig hem. Studierna i götet är klara? :) Tina

Anonym sa...

ryssarna är arvsfiender och bör tydligen utrotas
sieg heil!