tisdag 3 november 2009

Results of week no 2

* I don't get lost between my house and the university anymore

* I'm not afraid walking in the streets anymore

* I know all the metro stations (there are only one line with 7 stops...)

* I bought new boots

* I talked with Russians students for the first time

* I realized that the food at the university is about the same every day

* I learned that in Russia you don't shake hand if you are a woman

* Russia is a big country, I realized that the border of Kazakhstan is further away than I thought (sorry Andrea!)

* I managed to make my orders in Russian in the restaurants

* I've got my first Russian friend on Facebook - ulalala

* I realized that there is a risk that I will turn into a pirogi, since I'm living on pirogies here


Yes, things are happening here :)

Yesterday my supervisor had a class about cultural shocks and we were discussing a little bit about it before her class. One sign of cultural shock is that you want to stay alone and don't communicate with people. Like me in my room :) But I think I'm gradually getting over my cultural chock.

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

парузге уже снаккаешь, или как?

Patro sa...

Härligt Jesko!! Låter som om du börjar få kläm på Rysslandet och ruski! Vad gör man om man inte tar i hand då? Bara nickar åt varann lite? Är det skillnad på om man presenteras för en man eller kvinna? Tjipp

Anonym sa...

Hej sötast, låter som att du sakta men säkert håller på att smälta in i det ryska samhället...Snart klär du dig i samovar och halsar vodka som ingen annan =) kisses and misses anna

emmi sa...

Jessica!!!
Harasoo ja silleen. Kiva kuulla, että kaikki hyvin ja alat ehkä pikku hiljaa sopeutua. Täällä ikävöidään sinua...

Jessica sa...

Patro: Jepp, nicka lite till varandra, sa gar det ungefar till.

Anonym sa...

varfor inte:)