tisdag 15 december 2009

Lite kyligt

Now we're talking! - 30 degrees! A fur coat and a fur cup wouldn't be so bad right now actually :)

Saturday I spent in a crowed shopping center. I wasn't really successfully in shopping. I was there for buying Christmas presents, but I mostly tried clothes, but I didn't buy anything. Clothes are quite expensive here. Same prices as in Europe, sometimes even more expensive I think. There are a lot of new shopping centers in the city and I don't really understand who buy all these clothes and shoes :) But I bought food from Ikea to give as presents to people here. They had glögg there. I bought two bottles and then a woman in the queue asked me if it's a good wine and I said “Yes, very good”, and she went for some more bottles. I have no idea if this is a good one, I have never tried it, I hope for her that it's a good one.

Sunday was absolutely fabulous. First fish pirogies and music at a friends parents' place. First live Russian music from an accordion from 1954 and then vinyl records from the '80 (Bad boy blues, Boney M, Modern Talking). Jessica in heaven! Then after that we went to another friends place for blins. Russian pancakes with caviar, fish, jam and also some kind of sweet Russian milk product. Delicious! This accompanied by guitar music and singing. I warned them before we started to eat, that I eat a lot of pancakes, but there were still quite many left when we had finished. So they were well prepared!

4 kommentarer:

Johanna sa...

Vilken skön söndag! Men 30 minusgrader, ojoj, här tycker man det är kallt med minus 4!
Vi har fått massa snö! Det är man inte heller så van vid här i Stockis.

Malin sa...

Man kan nästan tro att du har lite ryss-gener i dig... ;D

Patro sa...

Kan du säga storjetar på ryska? :)

Jessica sa...

Farmor är ju faktiskt född när Finland ännu hörde till Ryssland, så kanske några gener därifrån :)

Hehe, storjetar måste jag kolla upp!